Do You Want to Start your own Blog? I really appreciate your decision!
Blogging is a full time career now hundered and thousands of bloggers
around the world including me are making 6 figure income earn money without investment.
- 1 How to earn money online?
- 1.1 Free Blogs vs Self Hosted Paid Blogs
- 1.2 How to Start Your First Blog
- 1.3 Visit Buy Hosting
- 1.4 SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- 1.5 Google Adsense
- 1.6 Conclusion
How to earn money online?
In this article, I am going to show how you can create a blog effortlessly for almost free and make some good money like me.
The great thing about running a blog is you not only make a good amount of money with it but also get to do so many other things.
I am one of the topmost bloggers in India. I started my blogging career in october 2018.
I personally started blogging for two good reasons
- I wanted to help people and
- Of course to make money with it.
There could be other solid reasons for starting a blog like-
- Blogging makes you a better writer and thinker.
- You meet thousands of new people & followers through comments, facebook, instagram, twitter and all social media or email.
- You help and inspire others through your blog.
- You can promote your own business or services through blogging.
You become popular and more confident.
Whatever is the reason, the point is a blog can be a very powerful tool for achieving various goals.
When you get so many benefits and you can create your blog
with very less investment then why not create your own blog today.
You just can’t ignore it.
Take my example, I started blogging in october 2018.
I was unable to do much for almost 1 years but I learned a lot about blogging.
After 1 years, I started 1 new blog technologydevesh.com
For next few years, I single mindedly focused on this blog and in just a period of 2 years.
I was able to make more than $50,000 (almost Rs. 36 lacs+) with blogging.
- I bought my new car with it and last year I purchased a new flat. Moreover,
- I frequently travel to nice places once a year with my family.
- I could support all this lifestyle only because of blogging. (To be honest,)
And now I want to help out others who want to learn blogging.
So let us get started!
Free Blogs vs Self Hosted Paid Blogs
There are 2 ways to make a blog- one is free and other is by paying around $100 (Rs 7000) for a domain name & hosting.
You can start a free blog with Blogger.com, Wix.com, WordPress.com etc.
but there are many limitations for creating a free blog with any of these.
To make things clearer I am giving you 6 compelling reasons why you shouldn’t start a free blog.
- Domain name of your blog will look like YourBlogName.blogspot.com or YourBlogName.wix.com
- which is too lengthy so to read as compared to a paid blog
- for purchase custom domain & hosting that reads YourBlogName.com.
- You will face serious limitations incorporating a new blogging carrier many design changes.
- Monetization will become difficult affecting your revenue adversely.
- The whole process of shifting from free platform to paid one is very tedious
- and you might also lose some of the traffic & revenue.
- Your readers, advertisers and clients are not going to take you seriously.
Suspend your blog
Lastly, you are not in control of your content because everything is in the hands of the free platform you are using.
- If anything goes wrong with your blog, they will suspend your blog & you can’t do anything.
- I hope the above 6 reasons are good enough to convince you for not creating a free blog.
- And if you want to buy a self hosted blog with any web hosting company, you have to pay $100 or more.
- But today, I will show you how to get a full-featured self hosted blog in less than $60.
You will also get a free domain & free SSL certificate with this domain.
How to Start Your First Blog
Now you can start a blog from getting a domain name to hosting for just $60 (Rs 4000/- in India).
Here is the step by step procedure to get up and running your first ever blog.
- Step 1: Choosing a Right CMS
- Step 2: Selecting an Appropriate Domain Name
- Step 3: Selecting Best Hosting Provider
- Step 4: Setting Up the Blog
- Step 5: Designing Your Blog
- Step 6: Start Earning
Step 1: Choosing a Right CMS
CMS or Content Management System is essentially a blogging platform
like Blogspot, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Wix, TypePad etc
where you’re getting to put all of your files in.
Out of numerous blogging platforms available out there
we are getting to accompany WordPress due to following great reasons.
- It’s free.
- It’s very easy to design a blog and understand its dashboard for wordpress
- So Highly recommend to start a blogging carrier in wordpress.
- WordPress gives you so much flexibility to design
- any kind of website with the help of their 6000+ free and paid themes / plugins.
- Right now there are over 90,000 free plugins offered by WordPress
- to run your blog faster and efficiently.
- So Lastly, there is a whole WordPress community out there
- who can help you for anything you might need while setting up a blog.
- Join their WordPress Forum.
98% of blogs within the world are currently using WordPress.
Even i exploit WordPress for all my blogs including this blog Technologydevesh.com.
So I highly recommend you to create your blog with WordPress CMS.
Step 2: Selecting an Appropriate Domain Name
Step 2 is extremely important because a website name goes to reflect your blog’s niche.
So you have got to try to to justice to your blog by choosing a right name.
- My blog Technologydevesh.com is all about Latest Tech News, Latest Gadgets/Mobile Information,
- Product Reviews, Free softwares and Earn Money Online related Blogs because the very name suggests.
- I have chosen the name keeping my niche and audience in mind. So you have to do the same thing.
- If you’re getting to start a blog on Football or Cricket then choose names like CricketingWorld.in or SoccerFan.com.
- If you’re keen on dogs and cats then choose something like CatsnDogs.com or PetsWorld.com etc.
I think you got the idea!
Following are the few things you have to keep in mind.
- #1 Domain name must be in sync with the purpose of your blog.
- #2 Name must be easy to remember and pronounce.
- #3 Try for a .com extension. You can target worldwide with .com.
If you do not find .com together with your desired domain,
then be happy to travel with other extensions like .in, .org, .net, .info, .co etc.
- #4 ignore number and dash in domain.
Finalize on one among the foremost appropriate domain names.
Step 3: Selecting Best Hosting Provider
WordPress is just a software with which you create a blog/articles by putting all the necessary files together.
- But where are you going to host your blog?
- Well that is what you need a hosting provider for?
A hosting provider stores all your content of your blog like text files,
css files, images, videos etc at one place and make it available to the world.
- So you need a hosting provider to use your domain name and make it accessible all around the world.
- But you decide which hosting provider are you going to choose?
- In last 2 years I have used and experienced over a dozen of hosting providers.
But one of the most reliable hosting providers I came across is Goviralhost.com.
- WordPress.org and most of the other top bloggers recommend Goviralhost as their first choice.
- One of the best thing that I like about Goviralhost is their support.
- You can chat online 24×7 and in most of the case,
they solve your problem in just 5 minutes.
Step 4: Setting Up the WordPress Blog
I have an exclusive partnership with Goviralhost.com for Technologydevesh.com readers.
- Actual price of the 1 year hosting with a domain is $20 but
- if you use my special discount link then you will get the hosting for just $15 (Rs 1080 for Indians).
- All most domain Cost $6 to $10 (Rs 450 to 700 for Indians ).
- So go ahead and create your first blog for just around $25 to $30.
To make things clear and simple for new bloggers we are using images with pointers.
Visit Buy Hosting
1.Visit Goviralhost.com here.
2.Click on the White Blue colour “Get Started Now” button.
Now you are taken to the hosting plan’s page. There are many plans offered by Goviralhost.com – webhosting, Business Hosting.
3. Choose your Webhosting – Advanced, Plus, Pro. Choose the Plus
- if you want to start just Five blog/websites .
- If you are planning to start more blogs in future, then you can not buy Plus Plan. In future,
you can start multiple blogs with the same hosting without paying anything.
Read the features and click on the “Buy Now” button.
4. First of all your Buy a domain Name hostinger.in, Godaddy.in,etc.
5. On the next page, you have to add your Choose a Domain.
I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers
please click the use button.
And Choose the payment for monthly, Quatarly, Annually You have decided.
6. Until then, Goviralhost will setup your blog on a custom domain. it will be added to your blog.
Then click the continue button go to redirect checkout page.
7. Please fill the account form you create the Goviralhost account
8. Then Chosen the payment Method Paytm, Credit Card, Debit Card, And Paypal Account you will Decide.
The hosting you have buy sucessfully Goviralhost
you will provide username and password in your registered email id for 1 to 3 hours.
clear the payment in your hands.
9. Next you will see the Login screen as below. Click on ‘login‘.
10. Login to your Goviralhost account with the password you have mail to goviralhost.
- Type your email and password and click ‘Login‘.
- Then Setup your account and install wordpress.
11. On next page, you’ll select any theme if you wish .
These are free themes. You can skip this step if you did not like any theme.
If you do not select any theme for your blog, then it’ll install the newest theme from WordPress.
Install the wordpress
12. On the next page, your blog will be setup on a temporary domain as shown in the image below.
Your actual domain are going to be added to your hosting in next 2-3 hours.
Goviralhost recommended some settings, you can tick what you want.
Then click on blue color ‘WordPress‘ button.
Click the Blue Button ‘Install Now’. Install the wordpress setup.
13. You will then be taken to your WordPress Admin Panel.
Select the https://, and YourDomainName.com do you install the wordpress ok.
In directory remove WP .
Then Type Site Name And Site Description.
Admin Name and Password page down and click Install WordPress. within a second.
14. You will be taken to WordPress Dashboard as shown below.
Now use all the powerful yet simple to use WordPress features to rework your blog into a masterpiece.
(You can login to your account by adding /wp-admin to your blog and
then login with your email and password. e.g. yourdomain.com/wp-admin)
Step 5: Designing Your Blog
Here are a number of the foremost important things to try to to after creating your blog.
1. Create a new user
- You have already created an administrator account. As an administrator,
- you can make any changes in your blog.
- You can install any theme, plugins, creates posts, pages, categories and users and lots of other things.
- Your Admin user and password must be very strong.
- Spammers and hackers can attack your blog with spam and malware
- if they are able to guess your admin username and password.
- You need to try to to 2 things to avoid this.
- Make Admin username and password very strong.
Admin Post Approve
Don’t publish any post or pages through Admin account and
don’t approve or write any comment through admin account.
You need to publish posts, pages and moderate the comments you receive on your blog from an Editor account.
You can easily create an Editor account by clicking on Users as shown within the above image.
Click Users –> Add New
Enter username, email, First name & Last name of a new user.
WordPress will suggest you a strong password.
- Click on ‘show password’ button to see your password.
- Copy this password and note down.
- Choose role as ‘Editor’ from the drop down.
- Click Add New User.
- Now if you want to publish a post or page from Editor account,
you can logout from the option on the top right and login with the Editor username and password.
Login URL for your blog is yourblogname.com/wp-admin.
2. Install a theme after starting your blog
When you install WordPress for creating your blog, WordPress installs a default theme in your blog.
- A theme is the most important part of your blog.
- It changes the design , design, style and layout of your blog.
There are thousands of free & paid themes available for WordPress bloggers.
If you would like to put in any free theme, then take your mouse to ‘Appearance‘
then click on themes (see above dashboard image).
- Click on ‘Add New’ button and you’ll find thousands of free themes.
- You can find Featured theme, Popular themes, Latest themes and other options.
- You can use the ‘Feature Filter’ choice to find more themes.
Check the small print and preview of every theme and install the one that you simply just like the most.
If you’ve got budget, you’ll find thousands of premium themes on ThemeForest.
Experiment together with your theme and make an excellent design.
3. Install Important Plugins
WordPress plugins are like apps that help you to add more features to your blog and make it more efficient & fast.
- You must install a number of the important plugins for starting your blog.
- Click on ‘Plugins’ (as in image) and then ‘Add New‘ to install plugins.
- Some of the important plugins are Yoast SEO, JetPack, Contact Form 7,
- Akismet, Classic Editor, WP Super Cache, Smush Image Compression.
- You can search these plugins and click on on ‘More Details’
- to understand more about each plugin.
- Click on ‘Install Now’ button and then ‘Activate’ button to install and activate the plugin.
You can check more plugins from the Featured, Popular & Recommended fields there.
4. Add Your First Post
You should write detailed posts and publish a minimum of 2-3 posts hebdomadally.
Your readers should be happy and satisfied with your posts.
Google will rank your posts and provides traffic if you write useful posts with original ideas.
- Write your first 800+ words posts and publish on your blog.
- Take your mouse to ‘Posts’ and click ‘Add New’ to add your first blogpost.
- Add a title in ‘Add title’ section & copy your article within the text area.
- Add good image(s) to your post.
- And then click on Publish button to publish your first post.
- Congratulation! This is your first post after starting your blog.
- Keep writing and publishing such Awesome posts.
Other belongings you can neutralize your blog are Adding categories,
creating navigation menu and adding an equivalent on your blog.
You will find more details in my next article.
Step 6: Start Earning (Earn Money Online)
Blogging is becoming a very popular full time career in India and around the globe.
- Millions of bloggers are making $1000 to $100,000 per month from their blog.
- Blogging is a full time career for me.
- I work 10 hours a day and 6 days a week on my blog.
- I make around $3000 to $5000 per month from my blogs.
- So if you want to earn some great money with your blog,
- you need to get serious for your blog.
- You paid almost nothing for starting your blog.
But you need to work hard if your target is $2000+ per month.
Your income would totally depend on the amount of tourists you bring back your blog.
More the traffic you bring in, more the money you make.
There are two main areas you need to focus on to increase traffic.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Focus on writing quality content that folks find educating, problem solving, entertaining and joyful to read.
- A good content is not enough if it fails to reach out to a wider audience.
- Your blog is of no use if it can’t rank high on Google Search engine.
- Hence you also need to learn SEO for ranking high on Google.
- SEO is a vast subject and to learn it you need few months at least.
- Here are some resources to learn SEO.
Off Page SEO
You also need to learn social media marketing to get traffic from sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube etc.
Basically, you have to exploit all the channels to increase the traffic to your blog.
Once you begin bringing enough traffic to your blog you’ll monetize it with various advertising platforms.
Google Adsense is one of the best platform.
You can show Google ads on your blog and earn for each click.
Adsense is blogger’s first choice when it comes to contextual advertisement.
You can also earn through selling products and services on other’s behalf
which is also known as affiliate marketing, Amazon Associate is one such example.
As you gain experience you will learn a number of others ways to monetize your blog and earn more money.
But as a beginner keep it simple and focus on Google Adsense.
So this was the complete guide on starting a blog in less than Rs 1200 (or $12).
Step 1 to Step 3 are very easy to learn.
But you need to read again and again
Step 4 until it is clear to you. We’ve explained it very well using images.
Step 5 about designing is additionally bit technical and you’ve got to pay a better attention.
Finally Step 6 is extremely important because you have to implement it a day unlike
step 1 to step 5 which need to be implemented just one occasion .