Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) is a unique address that computing devices, What is an IP address?
Such as personal computers, tablets, and smartphones, use to identify and communicate with IP networks.
- Any device connected to an IP network must have a unique IP address within the network.
- It is important for the internet user to understand the basics.
- To know more about IP Addresses, read this article fully.
- What IP Address is (How is IP Address?) and how it works?
- And why it is so important for your security.
- It means “Internet Protocol address“.
- Is a set of rules for communication over the Internet,
- Streaming video, or connecting to a website.
- Identifies a network or device on the Internet.
- Protocols manage the process of assigning their own address to each unique device.
- Also do other things, Such as routing Internet traffic, etc.
- In this way, it becomes easy to see who on the Internet?.
- What devices are sending, requesting, or receiving information?
Each device connected to the Internet has an address.
- 1 There are two main versions of IP addresses:
- 2 What is TCP/IP?
- 3 IP packets
- 4 Who owns the IP address?
- 5 What is the purpose of an IP address?
- 6 IP address security
- 7 How can you change your IP address?
There are two main versions of IP addresses:
If you count numbers it becomes easier to identify their differences.
- The IPv4 address is expressed by a series of four numbers
- Separated by dots such as 22.214.171.124,
- IPv6 address is expressed by eight groups of hexadecimal numbers, separated by colons.
A typical address looks like this: 2630: 0aba1: 0d02: 2052: 0100: 8c2d: d340: 72b2.
What is TCP/IP?
When the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connects to the IP,
You get an internet traffic controller.
TCP and IP addresses work together to transmit data over the Internet but, at different levels.
Since, IP does not guarantee reliable packet delivery over the network,
Is a process that ensures reliable transmission.
In particular, TCP guarantees:
♦ Not missing.
♦ Will be in the correct order.
♦ No duplicate of package.
All of this ensures that the data obtained is consistent, sequential, complete, and smooth.
During data transfer, TCP is active just before.
Integrates data into a TCP packet before sending it to,
Which incorporates an IP packet.
Must Read: Can I make money from the internet in India?
An IP packet is a basic unit of the information IP address.
- It contains data and an IP header.
- Any piece of data, which includes TCP packets on a TCP / IP network,
- Is fragmented and placed in a network transfer packet.
When the packets reach their destination, they are reassembled into real data.
What is an IP address? How the IP address works
All Internet-connected devices
(including PCs, laptops, Smartphones, routers, and connected WiFi devices)
- Are assigned a specific identifier.
- Just as people use a particular language to understand each other,
- Information is also sent online with a set of guidelines.
- The Internet connection system is TCP / IP.
All Internet-connected devices use consecutive communication rules.
Who owns the IP address?
Each device has connected to the Internet has its own unique IP address.
- But who owns the IP address and who distributes it?
- ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers)
- Therefore, ICANN is the primary owner of each address.
From there, IP addresses reach IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority),
- Function and responsible for DNS root, IP address,
- And global integration of other Internet resources.
- IP addresses to five Regional Internet Registers (RIRs),
- One of which is ARIN (American Internet Registry).
After that, IP addresses are distributed to companies such as ISPs (Internet Service Providers),
Which provide unique IP addresses to their customers.
let’s talk about all of these types one by one:
♦ Private IP address
Has connected to the home or business network.
If you have a few different devices has connected to an ISP (Internet Service Provider),
Then all of your devices will have a unique private IP address.
This IP address cannot be accessed from devices outside your home,
Or business premises networks.
How can you know the address?
You can get the secret address of your device using certain techniques.
A Windows user just goes to the Prompt command and enters the ipconfig command.
MAC user, you will need to install the ifconfig command in your Terminal application.
The Internet on a mobile phone then goes to your WiFi settings to find the IP address.
IOS users can find the address by clicking the ‘i’ button next to the network they are connected to devices.
Android users will click the network name in their WiFi settings, and it will show the IP address.
♦ Public IP Address
Your public IP address is the main address to which your home or business network has connected all devices.
- This has connected you to the world and is unique to all users.
- To know your public address,
- Just go to the Supportally site in your browser,
- And it will show your public IP,
Other information about your browser.
♦ Static and Dynamic IP Addresses
All private and public IP addresses can be either static or dynamic.
- IP addresses that you manually configure.
- And fix on your device’s network are called static IP addresses.
- Static addresses cannot be changed automatically.
- When you set up the router with the Internet,
- The dynamic address is automatically configured and assigns,
- IP to your network.
This distribution of IP addresses is managed by the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
DHCP users can be your Internet router.
That provides an IP address to your network in your home or business environment.
What is the purpose of an IP address?
The purpose of an address is to manage the connection between an app and its destination.
- IP addresses allow computer devices (such as PCs and tablets).
- To communicate with websites and destination sites as streaming services,
- And help websites determine which device is connected to their website.
An address also serves as a return address, in the same way as a postal return address.
- You send a letter and it is delivered to the wrong address,
- Then write the return address in the envelope and it will be returned to you.
The same thing really happened with email.
If you type in an invalid recipient,
Your address causes the company’s postal service to send you a return email,
Stating that “the destination was not found” means that the destination was not found.
IP address security
You must protect your address for all.
The reasons you are going to protect your home address.
Criminals can try to exploit you for a number of reasons.
You are using your IP address identifier to download illegal content:
- Pirates can download movies, music, and other content.
- And appear as they are,
- So you get in trouble with your ISP for something like that You can do.
- what you never did.
Finding your home:
It is possible to track an address to a real global address.
Testing your private Internet traffic:
Your sensitive personal information, including financial information,
May be compromised when hackers have access to your IP traffic.
There are various tools to launch various attacks among cybercriminals,
Especially DDoS (Distribution denial-of-service) attacks,
Where most traffic reaches the site.
You look tired and shut up.
What is your IP address you?
Another concern you may have with address is.
- What they may tell you bout other third parties.
- Yes, since an address is your device’s address,
It is not surprising that an address reveals the approximate location of your device
- VPN or proxy
- When you go to the IP scanner tool,
You will see that it shows your location, city, and zip code where you live.
This information is not always accurate as it can show you a few miles from your current location.
How can you protect yourself?
If your device is protected by a firewall, antivirus, and an updated OS,
Then hackers should not be able to cut you based on your IP address only.
Your device can only be hacked.
- If there are no other vulnerabilities
- Such as an unprotected router, open ports, and no firewall,
- Or using a dangerous website or program.
A common attack using addresses is DDOS attacks.
Or someone can hack your device using an address, but they can still find your location.
The most effective way to protect yourself online is to hide your real address.
You can easily do this using a proxy or VPN service.
How can you change your IP address?
Changing your IP address will improve your online security and privacy in yours systems.
The best way to your address is to use a hosting server or VPN service.
Using a VPN service works better to replace an address than a proxy.
How did you like this article?
We hope that this article you should have liked.
It and aforementioned you will know many new things about What is an IP address?.
If you have any questions about our article or would like to make any suggestions,
Write to the box below.
Then please don’t forget to share this article on social networking sites,
like Facebook, WhatsApp, and Twitter, etc. using the button below. Thank you.